A Survey of Mental Health Stigmas Among African Americans of Colorado’s Front Range Communities
The Denver Rocky Mountain Association of Black Psychologists (D-RMABPsi) is a 501(C)(3) professional association that has functioned in Colorado since 1977. We are very proud of serving the Black population of Colorado the past 44 years. We have accepted the task this year of conducting a survey that will gather information to enable mental health service providers in Colorado to better serve the Black population.
This survey focuses on African Americans’ experience with mental health stigma. In order to participate in this survey, you must be at least 18 years old, identity as Black or African American (total or partial ancestry from any of the Black racial groups of Africa) and a current resident of Colorado. A Colorado Resident for the purpose of this survey is someone who has lived in Colorado for at least 6 months prior to participating in the survey. Thank you for your interest in participating in this survey. Your participation will contribute to the body of knowledge regarding mental health field that will ultimately result in greater accessibility of mental health care for the African American community.
Click on this link to complete the survey https://drmabpsi.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bI18yhperAIB1Sm
Emotional Emancipation Circles
Emotional Emancipation Circles (EEC) are self-help support groups in which we, Black people, work together to overcome, heal from, and overturn the root causes of the devaluing of Black Lives.
In Emotional Emancipation Circles (EEC), we come together to:
- Share our stories and feelings, always respecting the humanity of each EEC participant
- Deepen our understanding of the impact of historical forces on our emotional lives, our relationships, and the well-being of our communities
- Free our minds and spirits from the lies and heal from the historical and continuing trauma of racism
- Tell ourselves a new, liberating, and empowering story about who we are as people of African ancestry
- Revitalize ourselves and our relationships with each other
- Learn and practice essential emotional wellness skills to help us be at our very best— as individuals and as a people
- Develop strategies to address the root causes once and for all. To see a brief EEC introduction go to https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2992027807722984
To participate in an EEC, Go To Calendar